Monday, July 12, 2010

Confessions

We've been yelling at our kids too much. Partly because they don't obey when we expect them too but mostly because we are stressed about our life situation. Last night and this morning we listened to a mom yell and spank her kids. They are our back neighbors. I don't think she is abusing them physically but she yells, they cry, she shouts for them to stop crying, they cry some more. It breaks my heart and Ted says "that is what we sound like".
So I wake up this morning to Nora crawling into bed with me (remember she's the one that drives me crazy with her whining) and we snuggle. What a great way to wake up.
This reminds me that our children are a gift from God. A wonderful gift, one that doesn't need to be yelled at. So we start a new day and try not to let our stress be expressed through yelling at those that need our love and soft voice.
They are great kids. And our time with them will go so fast and I need to grab unto the times they want to be with us. Because soon they won't want to be.
God blesses us over and over again. We decided to rent the house out instead of selling. I found a man with 2 kids that needs a house and he loves ours. We do have to do the credit check and such but hey, what a great house for him to get, with cowboy wallpaper and all. We are healthy. We are paying our bills. We are together!

No comments: