Friday, June 13, 2008

A Memorable Thursday Before Father's Day


Thursday was many things in the Trigg family:


Lucas "graduated" from pre-school. Keep in mind this means that he is in pre-school again next year, but hey, let's mark the occassion with singing and sushi.


After I got back to work, I got an email telling me to call Ruth right away. Her dad was in the hospital. We found out today that he has had another stroke. His neurologist is saying six months to live. The doctors are saying he needs to be in a nursing home.


Later in the day, I get a call from my brother saying my dad has died of the disease he has had for several years. In addition, there is some stuff about money he left for my kids and brother Bob's kids that is not settling very well with me so far.


Pretty intense days here...

1 comment:

Paula said...

Lucas...congratulations!!!

Ruth...I'm praying for you and your extended family.

Ted...I'm so sorry to hear about your dad.