Monday, June 30, 2008

My dad is gone...

My dad died today. How weird to write that? I've really haven't been around death before. I love the assurance knowing that he is with Christ. Mom said in the last few weeks he was telling her about the people he wants to see first in Heaven. First, Ralph Menconi - a guy from church and his bible study. Second, Franny Crosby- a blind woman who wrote hymns that always spoke about sight. And then his mother. My mom said he really loved his mother.
Mom told me today that he sold his car to buy her engagement ring. And how my Grandpa let him sleep on the couch one night when they were dating - that was a big deal then. My dad was a great dad to me. I think that because I was the baby he had finally got it right by then on how to be a good dad. I have wonderful memories of my dad. His crazy sense of humor, his generousity, how smart he was without a college education, his love language (gifts) and his desire for Christ.
He was a good man and I will miss him....

1 comment:

Paula said...

Your dad ALWAYS made me feel so welcome. It seems so strange to know he's passed on but I'm so thankful that he was looking forward to heaven. Praying that the Lord continues to bless you with His strength and peace.

Love,

Paula